Wednesday, March 5, 2008

So, had a show tonight, didn't really tell anyone. First time this year, as me and the rest of Maxwell's Demon have spent the past few months recording. We always talk alot about how great it is to play live... It's soooo great to play live. To bring people out on a Tuesday night, make them happy and hang out with them afterwards... its one of the simplest and strongest joys I know. And I felt like a damn good guitarist tonight, despite multitudinous technical fuck-ups that I'm sure no one noticed.
Rode to and from the show on the newly equipped Raleigh. Absolutely fantastic, but I'll save the gushing and the geekiness until I can find a functional camera (apparently frozen and totally broken look a lot alike.)
Rode back to Brooklyn with mattio (who's a bandmate) and Mara, a bike mechanic and an absolutely fantastically solid drummer from a band we are friends with. She hung out with us the whole night. As we crested the Williamsburg bridge, mattio and I were screaming songs at the top of our lungs. It is so amazing to know that as you grow in life you can still make new friends as you continue to cherish the old. As Jay and I unloaded the Volvo (after he drove along side me shouting garbled obscenities) we realized that this music thing is one of the best things we could be doing. We kicked around for the umpteenth time the idea of touring the South, mostly (again as usual) after talking about how the Archers of Loaf are the heroes of Indy Rock (Mara had a great line earlier in the night... "There used to be this thing called 'indie rock'...")

Oh man. I need bed. But the world needs more indie rock.

No comments: