Friday, March 7, 2008

Just stretched my first canvas last night/this morning. I didn't cut any of the wood pieces, I bought them, but I assembled the frame and stretched the canvas over it myself. It was a great feeling, downing a beer, blasting some electrified bluegrass (a la Gillian Welch) and firing away with a staple gun to create something that I'm going to use to create something else. Made me think about the Marxist alienation explanation I was asked to write after I alluded to it in the Hegel ramblings below... Maybe I'll get to that after all.

Work's been kinda ridiculous, as I've somehow been deputized the IT person, still responsible for all of my writing, still only really getting paid for the writing / minor office work. Trying to convince Elias to start up a design firm with me when he hit's Brooklyn in order to fund an extended stay outside these city walls.

Speaking of which, I'm putting tire to road this weekend and hanging out with Leah up in the newer of the Englands. When I get back I'll stop whining and make some of those substantive posts I've promised.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

not everyone can carry the weight of the world.