Friday, February 29, 2008

Disgusted


While waiting for John and mattio on the Lower East Side yesterday (we've moved from the Monday bar crowd to the early afternoon bar crowd. I think its time for a detox week.) I bumbled around for a little while, admiring graffiti, bikes, thinkin' 'bout stuff... And I happened upon a set of advertisements that absolutely disgusts me.

These ads for the SteelWorks Lofts in Williamsburg have pictures of steel workers from 60 some-odd years ago, with slogans like "Built by Williamsburg's Finest" and "They Work Harder so you can Live Better"

um...?

Sorry, can you try harder to take advantage of the working poor in your attempt to sell a yuppie paradise condo to MBA's and trophy wives who are pushing out those very working class folks? I'm not sure you've crossed enough lines yet.

1 comment:

gyra said...

ew. EW.

in other news, dick's going to teach me to weld a little bit.