Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving

Woke up this morning to Kay leaving the house to go to work, and I realized that I have a lot to be thankful for. Good friends, supportive parents, a good roommate, a roof over my head, a functioning auto, a passion for art, and a wonderful girlfriend, who is faithful, loving, brilliant and patient.

And you know what? After the way this year started out, things could have be a lot worse right now. I spent last thanksgiving in North Carolina with friends that I will probably never see again, and that will always strike me as very sad. But I have a wonderful family here in brooklyn (and Manhattan, Ruby, you count too), and I wouldn't trade them for anything.

Also, I'm grateful for the little things. Like the fact that I was virtualy unharmed by teh large glass lamp that fell and shattered on my head last night.

There's a lot to be thankful for.

No comments: