Sunday, January 6, 2008

Law and Order

Second parking ticket in a week today. The last one was legitimate. This one indicates that, apparently, the City of New York feels that alterations made to a city sign with duct tape are legally binding. Like, if part of a sign is blocked out with duct tape, clearly that part doesn't exist, and such non-existence is official.

Good. I love bureaucratic arguments.


Sam came down with the flu, and she's leaving for school tomorrow (raw deal), so I had to lace up the wheel by my lonesome tonight. Truing it is proving difficult, but the lacing was much easier than I thought it'd be. Tension and wire, like guitars and like bridges.

Brought L to the airport today... she was in town for the High Holy Days... this back and forth is killing me, but she might be able to make it up to the next writers retreat...

More on everything later.

No comments: