Friday, December 21, 2007

Ephemera

This is fantastic. There's finally a job out there for all those cats who took philosophy classes with me.

---------

In other news, I'm sitting here waiting for call-backs on an article due by end-of-day today. Then I get to go play some music in front of some people.
I always feel like the bearer of bad news when I call up a press room. Especially a small one, at, like, the NYC Department of Buildings. Who I've had occasion to call on several different occasions.
I feel like I'm saying, "Hello. I'm going to make you work now. And I feel bad about it." It's like, i was sitting on my ass, someone gave me an assignment, now I'm going to be a jerk and hand that off to you whilst I sit back, hypercaffeinate, and wait for you to call me back.

mmm. speaking of which, I think my coffee is ready.


Also, why does my generation (and by that I mean me) not know how to use a fax machine? They're surprisingly useful and elegant devices. Discredited and obsolete.

-----------

Took the bike out yesterday for the first time after an accident rendered my wrist a little... disjointed. Got out a little ways, realized pedaling was hard because the rear wheel was out of true. Realized rear wheel was out of true because of broken spokes. Took off spokes, realized rear hub is really gritty. And I just repacked it, so... time for a new hub.

Luckily I located one, and me and my cousin (we'll call her Sam) are going to rebuild the whole damn wheel. It should be a lot of frustration and fun and I'm really looking forward to it.


bah. to the coffee.

No comments: