Tuesday, April 7, 2009

:-)

First off, it's my birthday. Which is wonderful. So happy to be alive.

I woke up this morning, unexpectedly, at 4:06, the minute of my birth. My mom said she woke up at 3:50.

What a beautiful day.

Second, Armchair/Shotgun submissions are rolling in, at a rate of about ten a day. My job at the moment is to anonymize them, loading them into our shared online folder with a number rather than an authors name. (which I am presently doing while singing along to R.E.M.'s Murmur)

This means that I see a lot of the first and last lines of our submissions. And some of these last-lines indicate that we've struck the right tone...

for example:

"But wouldn't you know it, the whiskey comes back out my nose."





This is so much fun. Why did we never start a literary magazine before??

No comments: