Thursday, April 24, 2008

Passaic and Ganges One

Three issues of the Paris Review ago, there was a phenomenal interview with a poet that I knew nothing of (little surprise there; I'm a bit of a Philistine). Dude's name was August Kleinzahler, Jersey City's own, and he riffed about writing and life about as well as it seems he has written and lived. Anyway, he gets some props in the New York Times this morn. Check it out. An excerpt of note:

Ultimately Mr. Kleinzahler boiled his case against Mr. Keillor down to these three-and-a-half sentences: “Multivitamins are good for you. Exercise, fresh air, and sex are good for you. Fruit and vegetables are good for you. Poetry is not.”


---

Life's moving fast over here, by the way. New job, and it looks like I'll be moving to Brooklyn (though my heart still belongs to the crown jewel of Hudson County). I'll catch y'all up when I'm not on the clock.

No comments: